How do I book an LTL shipment?
If you're making a trans-border shipment, be sure to fill out a custom's invoice.
- Login to www.freightcom.com.
- Make sure the "Ship From" and "Ship To" boxes are filled in correctly.
- Scroll down to the "Packaging" section and select "Pallet." Enter a quantity.
- Fill in the "Dimensions and Weight" section and tab through the fields to populate the Freight Class. Be sure to fill in the Description field. Please click here if your pallet is larger than 4 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet. Make sure to use the tab button rather than the enter button to populate the fields.
- Fill in any applicable additional services or insurance if required.
- Click the "Get Rates" in the bottom right-hand corner to get to the Quotes page.
- Select your carrier and service.
- Scroll down and click "Submit Order."
- Click on the "Shipping Label" link in the top left-hand corner to generate the bill of lading (BOL).
- Print off your bill of lading (BOL) and give it to the driver.